Work For It
The things we work hard for are the things we are most likely to take care of. I’ve been considering this fact as I reflect on the things I am desperately seeking God to work out in my life.
I remember crying in the passenger seat of my car, my mother was driving home from church...and I was sobbing my face off due to this very thing I’ve been asking God to do for two years. God told me what to do in order for Him to bring it to pass. I had to put in the work.
Upon revealing this to my mother she put the car in park in our driveway and she turned to me and said, “If you wanted this as much as you say you do...you’d do what God told you to do to have it.” Mic drop.
With my mouth agape I stared at her as she got out of the car, locked me in, and went inside. Now, as I picture it, my expression was most likely very comical - but at the time, I was both floored by her departure and her closing remarks to her case (haha) that I found myself gaping like fish, face still damp from tears.
I don’t remember what happened after that. I don’t remember if I sat in the car longer or if I ran in after her and demanded she be on my side (lol) but I do remember the impact her words had and continue to have on my life. They, every once in a while gently push me forward.
My point - if we want it we have to dig deep. We can’t just toss seeds on ground that has yet to be prepared and expect it to prosper and bear fruit.
We have to be ready. We have to slave in the heat of our promise and till the ground. We have to prepare the soil for the seeds of promise so that it is ready and in the right condition for it to grow.
But we cannot stop there. We can’t just till the ground. Every day we go back out there and water the seeds, we give them every chance we can by doing our part...and letting God take care of the rest.
I’ve said it a hundred thousand times - but here it is again: If you do your part - There is absolutely NO WAY God won’t do His. (Psalm 84:11-12 - on my life, it changed my life and continues to shake me up)
He Has given us every advantage.
The right spot, soil, seeds, water, and sunshine. He just requires us to meet Him 1/3 of the way.
He never asks of us something impossible - He’s the one who does that.


Comments
Post a Comment