Chasing Rainbows

 


Today I was pondering this thought on our walk, “Chasing Rainbows” and I laughed thinking, Man, do we do that. (Thanks for putting up with us Father.) 


We chase our promise - run after it full speed...with the intent to find the spiritual pot of gold at the end and yet the more persistent we are with finding the end...the longer it takes for the Promise itself to be brought to fruition. 


Have you ever heard the phrase that Doing ______ is like watching paint dry?

Liken chasing the end of the rainbow to the watching of drying paint. 


Impatience gets us nowhere, but when we leave the room & go put our focus elsewhere suddenly time has passed and the paint is dry. 


I’ll put it this way - as an artist, I approach my canvas full speed ahead. I go in with a vision, I know what the plan is and I don’t stop until it’s just right - but as soon as someone starts to hover saying, “You know, you should add some yellow or orange to that!” And while I may or may not appreciate the input, I want to turn around and say, “I’m not done yet...?” (And as it turns out...I was going to do that anyway.)


Take that scenario and think of it like Christ as the artist. As Christians who are excited about the work we have “commissioned” we hover over His shoulder while He is painting the promise into exactly what He said and exactly what we need. 

We chase after it wanting to know when it is going to be done, what it’s going to look like, and to finally bask in the glory of what God did JUST for us. And sometimes we have the gall to suggest He add yellow or orange...colors that were in the vision and plan in the first place. 


So today, know this:

- It will be as perfect as He promised. 

- If He promised...it WILL be done 

- & Until it’s ready...You can run to the ends of the earth...but will never reach it Until He wants you to. 


So until that time comes...Chase Heaven. Chase your Ministry. Chase Vision. Chase the wonders of Scripture. Chase the Backslider and your Lost Loved ones. Before you know it, you will have reached what was promised before you know it...


I promise 😉🌈


Comments

Popular Posts